arrange an inspection
Water Intrusion Inspection
7004 Brecken Ridge Ave
Raleigh, NC 27615
| || ||
The Inspection Process
- We meet at the property where I give you a state-required Home Inspection agreement and contract to read and sign.
- I may start a few minutes early on the roof or under the house.
- We will walk around the house together while I do a complete inspection of the of the exterior of the home and we discuss any items of concern to you and items which I think you should be aware.
- Inside the home I start in the kitchen by checking the appliances and starting the dishwasher. I check the condition of the cabinets and countertops.
- I look at numerous details inside the house include checking the receptacles and light switches; inspecting the ceilings and walls looking for water stains; checking windows and doors; checking the floor for large humps and bows. Bath fans and smoke alarms are operated.
- Heating and air-conditioning are both checked -- outside temperatures permitting. The furnace heat exchangers are evaluated for excessive rust and visible cracking. Temperature differentials are calculated.
- Sink, shower, and tub faucets & drains are operated and evaluated. Toilets are operated.
- In the attic I check for proper exits of all vent ducting. I inspect the structural integrity of the attic. I look for any signs of water penetration. I check insulation and ventilation. I walk all around the attic and don't just observe from the access hole.
- In the crawlspace I check for water penetration; the condition of the insulation; structural problems in the floor system and foundation; adequate ventilation; and the condition of any vapor barrier.